A professional content writer always needs to come up with SEO-friendly content. SEO is the key to the growth of any business organisation, and hence it is important for every content writer to abide by the SEO rules.
What is SEO-friendly content?
While writing content, the content writer needs to keep in mind multiple techniques that will ultimately make his content rank high in the search engine results. There are numerous strategies that you can use to make your content SEO-friendly. Scroll down to the next section to get some amazing tips that will make your content SEO-friendly.
Tips and hacks to come up with an SEO-friendly content
If you have been worrying about how to write SEO-friendly blog posts, articles or web copies, fret not, as we have articulated 7 killer hacks for you. Go through them in detail to know more:
1. Add links to previous contents: The ranking of your content depends on the number of backlinks that it gets -both internal and external. So, if you want your old content to rank high, then make sure that you link it to your new posts. This will allow your target audience as well as the search engine robots to find your content quite easily. Also, when you add the links to renowned and reputed websites, you are actually increasing the credibility of your website.
2. Use attention grabbing headlines and subheadings: There is a plethora of content available on the internet. To grab the attention of your readers, you generally get a few seconds. Hence, you should use a catchy headline and divide your content into small readable sections by using suitable sub-headers.
3. Use the primary keyword in the headline: Make sure you use the primary keyword to formulate your content headline. This increases the chances of your content ranking high up in the search engine results.
4. Use the keywords wisely: Devote time for keyword research, and once you have got the primary keyword and a few secondary ones, use them wisely in your content. Try to incorporate the primary keyword in the introductory paragraph. Also, use it in the meta description as well. Besides, there should be at least a gap of 100 words between each keyword you use. Remember that keyword stuffing will only spam your content and affect the optimisation process.
5. Do not forget to optimise the images that you use: Great images are complementary to your high-quality content. You need to be mindful while selecting images as they make your content more appealing and attention-grabbing. In order to rank high in SERPs, you should optimise the images as well. This can be done by adding keywords to the image files and providing the ALT tags. Also, the size of the image matters. The bigger your image size, the longer it will take for the page to load, thereby hampering your SEO strategy. Keep the images as small as possible without ruining the quality of the image or affecting the visibility.
6. Use meta titles and meta descriptions: Meta descriptions and meta titles bring clarity to the readers about what they are going to read. This increases the chance of your content reaching up the search engine results.
7. Make sure that your content is shareable: Now that you have finally written a great piece of SEO-friendly content, do not forget to make it shareable. Add social media buttons to your content so that more and more people can share and engage with the blog/article.
Whether you are writing for your own blog website, or for any of your clients, your ultimate aim should be to create a content which is engaging, informative and at the same time compliant with the SEO technicalities. Only then you will be able to reach out to your target audience conveniently. Follow these tips to make your content SEO-friendly. You can also join a short term online SEO course to delve deeper and hone up your skills.
A traveller at heart, writer by profession, Bidisha carries 5 years of experience in content writing. Her words give wings to brands, businesses and influencers and help them notch up their work to the next level. Writing is definitely her cup of tea, and she prefers sipping it now and then. When not writing, you will find her cooking and dancing.