If you ever come across an opinion on long-form content, you must have been presented with opposing views. While one bases its argument on how it is extremely important for marketing and better connection purposes, the other believes that it is a risk because of the boredom it might cause in its readers. But although both may be right in their own stance, it is noted that long-form content is a better and much-recommended method to connect with the page reader and provide them with real content and an informative experience.
What is Long-form content?
Any content that is not crisp and brief but has enough details covered can be described as long-form content. Generally, anything between a 1000–8000-word limit is long-form content.
Below are five benefits of long-form content and why you must use it for your brand.
- With genuine knowledge, you can portray yourself as a potential source of authority, and your clients will consider you an expert on the issue. Therefore, you will be their number one choice to learn more about something, and in this case, you will be turned towards any doubt or topic.
- Links from other websites are still a significant factor in Google’s results, and long-form material tends to get more links.
- It has been noticed that over the years, long-form content has a tendency of ranking higher on search engine result pages, thereby making you more visible than your competition. Moreover, when people want to know something on a subject, they will wish to learn everything from scratch or in a detailed form, thereby increasing traffic to your page. Reading, in brief, will not be of much help to them in such cases.
- Long-form content is easier to garner more attention on social media or any such digital platform. For those who are fresh to a topic or well-versed in it, you could offer information for both through a single written piece. Thus, your content will be valuable to a variety of people in one go.
- As already understood, people will be assured to spend more time on your webpage reading long-form content than short-form content. Similarly, they are more likely to view additional pages if you provide relevant internal links in your content. Thus, more time spent will give you a better reach and rank.
Although long-form content is proven to show more success, it depends on how your creativity and imagination work. Keep your content engaging through witty remarks, slogans, and graphic visuals, along with genuine information. Never shy away from including long-form content in your marketing strategies.
Started out as a young freelance content writer, Alishah looks forward to learning something new with each step. She has completed quite a few courses to sharpen her skills further in the content writing world. From romanticising the tiniest moments in rom coms, to reading poetry of Eliot, her creativity and imagination in writing has helped several brands in their ventures.