The wedding day has to be, undoubtedly the most special day in the life of any bride. Any girl, who is crazy about her wedding, will love to ensure that every single thing related to her marriage is perfect and flawless. Right from the décor, photography, music, ceremonies, makeup and most importantly, the bridal attire – everything should be top-notch and quintessential. Therefore, when it comes to deciding the wedding lehenga, a would-be-bride is ready to invest ample time and money so that she can choose the best one for herself.
But getting your hands on a bespoke lehenga that fits you like a dream, can be quite a herculean task indeed. The traditional showrooms, online websites, designer studios offer a plethora of custom made lehenga designs. No matter how much money and time you devote upon selecting the best wedding attire for yourself, it is absolutely ok to have second thoughts even on the D-Day!
The following tips and tricks will definitely save you from that last-minute restlessness and confusions.
Pro-tips on choosing the perfect custom-made lehenga
If you wish to make your would-be-husband to go weak on his knees or make your girl-gang go green in envy, then read on girl!
- Know your body-type: Do not go blindly for any lehenga which is currently in vogue. An essential factor that can accentuate your beauty manifolds is your body type. Always pick the lehenga that makes you look stunning by hiding your problem areas as well as highlighting your curves.
- Hourglass body: If you are maintained enough to have an hourglass body, know that you are destiny’s favourite child. With this body shape, you can pull off any design and style effortlessly.
- Skinny body: Never opt for fabrics that cling to your body. Rather go for heavy fabrics which add some curves to your body structure. For you, tussar silk, handloom silk, Jamdani and Banarasi fabrics will be ideal. Flaunt your mid-riff like a pro.
- Pear-shaped body: A girl who has a heavy bottom and curvy waistline should always choose A-line lehengas or flared lehengas. Ensure that your choli has some heavy zardozi or zari work to fetch attention to the upper body.
- Busty body: Choosing a single tome fabric with minimal embellishments on the choli will be perfect for you. Preferably avoid low cut blouses and go for mid-length V necks.
- Petite body: A high waited lehenga with a thin waistband will suit your body style. Always go for a single colour custom made lehenga.
- Athletic body: Pick a bespoke lehenga which is well-fitted from the waist to your knee and then go down in flames.
- Flaunt your complexion: Wine, blue, peach, dull gold, olive or pink is your colour if you have a dusky complexion. Fair brides are lucky enough to opt for any colour of their choice.
- Consider the wedding time: If you are going to have a daytime wedding, stick to pastel shades or bright shades with minimal embellishments. Go wild with colours like dark red, wine, or gold in case of a night wedding.
- Go for the right length: A short bride can look as pretty as a tall one by adorning a high-waist lehenga with a shot choli and comfy heels. If you are tall enough, make sure you do not go overboard with those heels.
So next time you are out for lehenga shopping, follow these hacks and you are sorted, girl!
A traveller at heart, writer by profession, Bidisha carries 5 years of experience in content writing. Her words give wings to brands, businesses and influencers and help them notch up their work to the next level. Writing is definitely her cup of tea, and she prefers sipping it now and then. When not writing, you will find her cooking and dancing.